As the detox continues, I find myself actually finding foods that are healthy for me and taste good! That was the whole point of my blog when I started was to show that eating should be fun! Eating should be fun whether you’re eating one of the sweet treats I post or a salad. If something tastes boring, is tasteless, or looks like weeds from the yard, I probably won’t stick with it. My healthy eating is all about finding foods that actually taste good and you won’t feel bad about.
So when my boyfriend and I went to lunch at Applebee’s before our long back-to-school grocery shopping haul, I thought welp, here goes the diet on day 1. However, so many restaurants these days have healthy options, fit meals, or lower calorie meals that still make you feel like you’re out to eat. Applebee’s had around 8-10 healthy options all below 550 calories! I opted for the signature sirloin with garlic shrimp! It came with a bruschetta and almonds on top, roasted seasonal veggies and herbed potatoes on the side. After eating the entire meal, yes I cleaned my plate, I was absolutely stuffed. It was the perfect portion and I didn’t break my diet! Next time you’re out at a restaurant, at least check out the lower calorie meals that are offered; you may be surprised how much you get and how yummy they can actually be.
Now, to the “Award Winning” portion of this post! Two weeks ago I was nominated by Savannah96 for the Liebster award! First thing I did was google what “liebster” meant haha! The definition of the German word liebster is friend or love. From what I can gather, The Liebster Award is meant to bring more attention to blogs with less than 200 followers. What a great way to spread the love on this chilly Wednesday.
The rules for being nominated are:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer their 11 questions
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Ask 11 questions of your own
- If you could live in one city for your whole life, what city would it be? I honestly think I could live in Washington DC for my entire life. I worked there this past summer and absolutely loved the opportunities and excitement the city embodies.
- When you were young, what was your favorite thing to do on a winter day? I was and still am a sucker for a marshmallows with a side of hot chocolate.
- What would you do if you found a bag of money on the side of the road? I would look inside to see if there was any note or description of who it belonged to. If not, I believe everything happens for a reason and would take it.
- How would you respond if you met your favorite celebrity? I would jump up and down, maybe scream a little.
- Do you ever wish you had a superpower? If so, what? I would love to have the superpower to snap my fingers and have my shower done, hair washed, blow dried, and styled. Odd, maybe, but would save a ton of time!
- What is your dream car? An all black Range Rover.
- If you could try one new food, what would it be? I really want to try cauliflower because ever since I was younger I told myself I didn’t like it. With this new healthy eating, I’ve found so many healthy recipes for cauliflower crusts and mashed cauliflower that I really feel like I’m missing out!
- What is one thing you wish you had done differently in life if anything? I try to live everyday without regrets and I truly believe I have experienced everything, good or bad, for a reason.
- What movie character would you have loved to play? Annie Walker in Bridesmaids, played by Kirsten Wig. LOVED IT
- If you had to give up either your electricity or hot water, which would it be and why? I think I could give up hot water for a while. I definitely need to get into my fridge, catch up on my reality television, and cook some dinner. I mean, if only I gave up my hot water, I could just shower at the gym or something.
- What is your favorite animal? I’m a cat lover, give me a kitty and I’ll be your best friend.
Now, here are my 11 questions:
- What is your favorite style of cuisine?
- What is something on your bucket list that you plan to accomplish this year?
- Who in your family do you most admire and why?
- If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try?
- Why did you start your blog and do you have the same goals you had when you began?
- What is your television guilty pleasure?
- If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you hope would play you?
- Why does a round pizza come in a square box?
- Where in the world could you see yourself living the rest of your life?
- If you could learn one random skill, what would it be?
- What is your favorite dessert to order when you’re out to eat?
Here are my 11 nominees. You should definitely check these blogs out and help them out in their early stages on their blogging careers. We all have to start somewhere right?
- Liberty on Less
- 1st Time Mom
- A Seat At The Table
- Bits and Bytes
- And They Cooked Happily Ever After
- Creatively Hungry
- Afra Cooking
- Food I 8 Today
- Tuesday Night Boyfriend
- Eat My Words
- Spotted SF
On one final note, I officially added twitter and pinterest buttons to the side menu on my blog! Yay! I am so excited to continue expanding my blog and finding new ways to connect with people. Feel free to follow me on both social media sites and I look forward to sharing some more about my life with you all.