Enjoying the no-bake dessert trend like me recently? Try these delicious and extremely precious Cake Batter Krispie Treats. These take less than an hour and will impress just about any gathering with friends and family! I made these for a retreat with my friends recently and they were literally gobbled up in two hours tops. I kind of wish I made more for myself! Again, no need for an oven; your microwave will be your best friend.
Butter: 6 tablespoons (3/4 of a stick)
Yellow Cake Mix: 3/4 cup
Rice Krispies: 3 cups of cereal
Marshmallows: 1/2 10 ounce bag of mini marshmallows
Icing: 1 store bought jar or your preferred homemade recipe
Sprinkles: 1 tablespoon
**I doubled this recipe to feed all of my hungry friends! Each batch makes about 12 or so treats. (Given you put them in regular cupcake tins)
1. Melt the butter in the microwave (about 45 seconds). Mix in your marshmallows and return to microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted completely.
2. Mix in cake mix until combined with the butter/marshmallow mixture thoroughly. This is when it really starts smelling yummy!
3. Add in sprinkles and 2 cups of Rice Krispies with a spatula. Add in the third cup of Rice Krispies until completely mixed through.
4. Fill each cupcake tin with the Rice Krispie mixture and press it in gently with the back of a spoon. Cool for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
5. Remove Cake Batter Treats from tin with a knife. Frost and top with sprinkles as you wish. No need to keep these in the refridgerator anymore if you plan to serve them in the next day or two! They won’t be as hard!
These treats won’t last very long once you put them out, so make sure to set some aside for yourself for later! Next week I hope to try a different variation of these with chocolate cereal! Enjoy!