Still not ready to let go of Thanksgiving? I definitely am not! I made these little turkeys for my family dinner and they were definitely a hit!! If you’re hungry for something sweet, but don’t have a lot of time, rice krispie treats are definitely going to be up your alley. Not only do these not require an oven, but they’re super quick and fun to make! I mean, who doesn’t look dipping food in chocolate? The options are literally endless when it comes to Rice Krispies, so spice it up next time you’re in the kitchen. I kept the flavor of these pretty normal because they were gonna be all dressed up for the holiday!
Marshmallows: 4 cups of mini marshmallows
Butter: 3 tablespoons
Rice Krispies: 6 cups of cereal
Chocolate Chips: 2 cups of semi-sweet morsels
Candy Corn: 4 per turkey, approximately 1 1/2 cups
White Sprinkles: 2 per turkey, 24 for a batch
**Makes 24, 1/4 cup turkeys!
1. Melt the butter in the microwave until completely melted (approximately 30-45 seconds).
2. Stir in the marshmallows with the butter and place back into the microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between. In approximately three intervals the mixture should be thoroughly melted and ready for the Rice Krispies!!
3. Now its time to pour in those Rice Krispies and use a spatula to mix all the marshmallow/butter mixture with the cereal.
*For easier mixing, pour half of the Rice Krispies in first and then the second half after.
4. Once the mixture is all evenly mixed, grab a spoon and make sure it tastes as delicious as it smells! Then, take a little bit of butter for your hands to aid in making the turkey bodies. Portion off 1/4 cup balls and place on a cookie sheet with wax paper.
5. Place the turkey bodies in the fridge to harden for 15 minutes.
6. Before taking the turkeys out of the fridge, melt your chocolate in the microwave (approximately 1-2 minutes) to get ready for dipping!
7. Remove turkeys and one by one dip the top of the Rice Krispie balls into the melted chocolate and place with the chocolate-less side down on the wax paper.
*Use a small deep bowl for the chocolate to make dipping easier!
7. Place your candy corn in the chocolate for feathers and the nose. Don’t forget to add your white sprinkles for the eyes!
*You can place your turkeys in the fridge to harden first, but they may crack when you press the candies into the chocolate. I tried this first and made a mess! Too bad I had to eat the mess ups haha not..
8. Place them back in the fridge for another 10 minutes and then they are ready to enjoy and eat up!!
Keep these little things on the counter before serving, not only to show off all that hard work, but to make them softer to eat for your friends! I hope you all had a fabulous holiday!